Nature is able to create stunning and unique landscapes. One of the great wonders of nature are waterfalls, visited by millions of people every year.
Victoria Falls located on the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia, or Angel Falls in Venezuela are some of the most famous, but there are many more that you might not have head of . They stand out because of their beauty, size and number of visitors.
Some of these impressive waterfalls are unknown, but one of them might be your next vacation destination.
1. Aponwao waterfall or Chinak-Meru Salto is a waterfall in the Canaima National Park. The river Aponwao falls on the territory of Gran Sabana of Bolivar State, in southwestern Venezuela.
2. Victoria Falls are on the Zambezi African River, on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia between the towns of Victoria Falls and Livingstone. In 1989 it was named by UNESCO as “a natural wonder”. It is one of the highest waterfalls in the world.
3. Yosemite Waterfall has a height of 739 meters and is located in Yosemite National Park, USA.
4. Agua Azul waterfall located in the State of Chiapas in Mexico.
5. Blue Nile Falls are located in Ethiopia. They are known as Tis Issat or Tissisat, in Amharic language, and are located in the first half of the river’s course, about 30 km from the town called Bahir Dar and Lake Tana.
6. The Iguazu Falls (in Portuguese “Cataratas do Iguaçu” and “Cataratas del Iguazú” in Spanish) are called by locals “Garganta do Diabo” (literally meaning “Devil’s Throat”). The falls are on Iguazu River, on the border between Argentina and Brazil.
7. Salto Angel (Angel Falls) is located in southeastern Venezuela in South America. With a drop of 978 meters, it is the highest waterfall in the world. The natives called it Kerekupai-Merú, which means “the deepest jump”.
Which one would you like to visit first?