Some people call lavender the “Swiss army knife” of essential oils because you can use it in so many different ways.
Others prefer to think of it as a perfect way to start and finish their day. From bouquets of fresh lavender petals to dry lavender and lavender essential oil, mother nature has created countless ways to incorporate this delicate plant into our lives. The following are a few of its uses.
1. Anti-mosquito substance – add 10-12 drops of lavender essence in a 250 ml spray bottle and fill it with water. Then sprinkle around the house and you will see its effects.
2. Perfume – put a drop of lavender oil behind each ear, on the inside of each wrist and neck. You don’t want it to be too intense, just enough to be subtle.
3. Bath Oil – add a few drops of lavender oil in warm water before taking a bath. You can even put the drops of oil under running water as it will help spread the smell even more. If you don’t have lavender oil, you can find quite easily flavored lavender soap.
4. Refresh your clothes – Put a few drops of lavender oil on a towel and then place it with laundry while it dries. It’s also a great way for your sheets to have a pleasant scent.
5. Reduces inflammation and muscular soreness – add lavender oil to the ointment you usually use to relieve pain. A classic remedy is to put a few drops of lavender oil on swollen lips.
6. Deodorant – One of the most used deodorants from this category are those based on sodium bicarbonate that are then treated with lavender essence.
7. Bouquets – Fill several small vases with fresh lavender to add a bit of texture and enjoyment in any room. You can dry lavender flowers and leaves and then add them to other dried flowers to create a colorful and harmonious arrangement.
8. Aromatherapy – place dry lavender flowers in a small container or a basket and put it in the bathroom, bedroom or any other room. Occasionally, crumple some of the lavender flowers to release their wonderful scent. You can also fill several bags with dried lavender and put them in the wardrobe. You can use it as a freshener in the car.
To sleep better, you can put a few drops of lavender essence on your pillow. You can also buy lavender flavored candles.
9. Tea and chocolate – lavender can also be used when making tea, different types of chocolate, cakes, candies and more.
Do you use lavender in your daily life? Give us some ideas where we can use lavender by leaving a comment bellow. Thanks!