9:33 pm PST

Cranberries have been used for centuries for their beneficial effects on the human body.

They give the body extra vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Cranberries also happen to taste delicious.

Cranberries contain 80% water and the rest of 20% is composed of the vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C and E. They contain proteins, sugars, acids, oils and mineral salts. The fruit and leaves are both used from the plant.

Many scientific studies have shown that a cranberry-filled diet helps reduce the fat layer on the waist, as well as on the rest of the body. This unwanted layer may potentially lead in time to cardiovascular disease. Certain substances in cranberries’ composition prevent bad cholesterol deposits in the blood vessels and also prevent developing blood clots in the arteries. As a result consumption of cranberries offers very good protection for the heart of those who suffer from metabolic syndrome.

The oxidative stress in the brain and also Alzheimer’s disease and senile dementia do not occur to people who regularly eat cranberries.

Effects on eyesight

The presence of vitamins A and C in the composition of cranberries, combined with the anthocyanin pigment, lead to improved visual acuity, improve blood circulation to the eyes and to the nervous system.It improves and sometimes even can treat certain eye diseases such as myopia, glaucoma, pigmentosa retinina etc. Eye fatigue is combated effectively by the cranberries’ nutrients and vitamins. Protection of retinal tissues from free radicals is conducted by the anthocyanins substance present in cranberries.

Blood sugar

Other scientific studies have shown that gluochinina, another cranberries compound, has a particularly good effect on diabetics because it reduces the blood sugar level, thus reducing the need for insulin.

Cranberries are anti-inflammatory

The presence of flavonoids in cranberries  has very beneficial effects on the human body by protecting the walls of capillaries and increasing immunity. When the body has a small amount of flavonoids, damaged tissue repair is carried out in a much longer period of time. Also, other substances in cranberries have an anti-inflammatory effect and protect the body from urinary tract infections. Proanthocyanidins from cranberry juice acts as a true natural antibiotic, killing colibacilies and those bacteria that cause various infections in the urinary tract. Proanthocyanidins protects the mucosa of the urinary tract from the bacteria that tries to modify the cell structure located in that area and quickly eliminate those bad bacteria from the body. Those who have various problems with the stomach and digestive system can benefit from cranberry tea. Inflammation of the larynx in cases of colds and allergies is greatly reduced by the presence of tannins in cranberries.

Effects on the liver

Bad cholesterol resulting from metabolic processes in the liver is effectively removed from the body due to cranberries because they contain some substances that cause the liver to produce more receptors for that bad cholesterol. Cranberries help liver cells become more sensitive to the bad cholesterol and absorb more of that bad cholesterol, thus eliminating it in an efficient manner out of the body.

Fatigue is eliminated

It is recommended that those who are to undertake physical activities and those who are to undergo demanding intellectual activities consume a considerable amount of cranberries, whatever form: be it cranberry juice, cranberry tea or directly fruit. Cranberries stimulate blood circulation in the brain and thus effectively oxygenate the brain, thus improving brain activity.

Energizing effect on the body

Researchers have found that cranberries have an energizing effect on the entire body, giving the body a good general state and a good physical and mental strength. In the evening it is recommended to consume a bowl of cranberries for relieving fatigue during the day.

No matter what age we are, we need and deserve to enjoy and use these wonderful cranberries benefits.